Causes of Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome IBS is a long-term condition that impacts the large intestine. Abdominal pain, bloating, bowel movement changes, and stool mucus characterize it. IBS is a prevalent condition, affecting an estimated 10-15% of adults worldwide.
Causes of Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS –
- Genetics: Some people may be more likely to develop IBS if they have a family history.
- Diet: Certain foods and drinks can trigger IBS symptoms in some people. Common triggers include:
- Fructose: It is a type of sugar found in many fruits, vegetables, and processed foods.
- Lactose: It is a type of sugar found in dairy products.
- Gluten: It is a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye.
- Fat: Some people with IBS are sensitive to fatty foods.
- Stress: Stress can trigger IBS symptoms or make them worse.
Hormonal changes: IBS symptoms can sometimes worsen during hormonal changes, like before and during menstruation.
IBS is not a life-threatening condition, but it can disrupt daily life. Symptoms can vary from person to person and can change over time. Some people with IBS have mild symptoms that only appear occasionally, while others have more intense symptoms that arise regularly.
There is no cure for IBS, but there are treatments that can help relieve symptoms. These treatments include:
- Dietary changes: Avoiding foods and drinks that trigger your symptoms can help to reduce IBS symptoms.
- Stress management: Stress management techniques, such as yoga, meditation, or tai chi, can help to reduce stress and improve IBS symptoms.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are live bacteria similar to the good bacteria that naturally live in your gut. Taking probiotics can help to improve IBS symptoms in some people.
- Antispasmodics: Antispasmodics are medications that help to relax the muscles in your gut. They can help to relieve abdominal pain and cramping.
- Antidepressants: Antidepressants can help to reduce stress and improve IBS symptoms in some people.
IBS needs to be treated for better living. You can do several things to manage your symptoms and enhance your quality of life. Dr. Ashok Acharya, the specialist at Dhanwantaree, has been treating such problems for decades and has comprehensive treatment options.
Dhanwantaree clinic is committed to providing you the most sensitive consideration and care throughout your journey toward optimal health. You can rest assured that you will receive the highest quality medical care in the world regarding any problem-related to gastric issues.